Caryn’s attention to detail and strong sense of integrity help guide her clients through the exploration of Asana, Pranayama, Bandha, Drishti, and Meditation. Her articulate instruction and keen eye for individual needs facilitate personal transformation. With a strong emphasis on proper alignment, Caryn gives sensitive yet powerful adjustments. She works with her clients to build self-awareness through the breath and encourages one to look closer at the 8 limbs of the Yoga Sutras.
PRIVATE ONE-ON-ONE INSTRUCTION
- Receive individual attention and guidance within the privacy and convenience of your own home.
- Experience an open opportunity to ask questions as they arise.
- Build a strong disciplined Ashtanga yoga practice.
- Increase personal progress.
- Engage in a deep internalized yoga without group distractions.
- Establish your own home based self-practice.
- Supplement your group class attendance with the beneficial awareness gained during your private sessions.
- Recover from injury through personalized therapeutic work.
The Ashtanga Yoga System
The Ashtanga Yoga system is a vigorous, dynamic flowing vinyasa (movement), which connects one asana (posture) to another through the breath. The foundation of this movement is Surya Namaskara (sun salutation). The focus on breath control (ujjayi), internal locks (bandhas) and gazing points (drishti), creates a meditative concentration. Ashtanga Yoga is traditionally taught in a specific therapeutic series of postures to encourage the cleansing, strengthening, and flexibility of the body. This in turn leads to a clear mind, heightened awareness, grace and energy.